Friday, January 30, 2009

How to Help Somebody With Their PC Remotely.


Many of us have had the joy of trying to help somebody with some basic computer issue over the phone. If you don’t have the patience for it, it’s a great way to end up hairless and bitter by the age of 40. I recently helped a member of my family with the simple concept of moving a file from a CD-ROM to the hard drive. It took me 25 minutes to walk him through this action, whereas anybody familiar with Windows even at a basic level would accomplish this in 5 seconds. The problem is that I cannot see what he sees. Secondly, he is describing things in terms which Windows users do not use. It can be frustrating to say the least.

It got me thinking about remote tech support. If I could have simply logged into his computer and SHOWN him how to do it, we would have been done in a couple minutes.
Remote Tech Support

There are, today, multiple ways of logging into remote computers and controlling them from afar. They include:

* Remote Desktop (built into many versions of Windows)
* Virtual Network Computing (VNC)
* Third Party Services

Now, the first two are perfectly viable and can be done for free. However, you may run into some more complexities with these options. If you are trying to connect to a computer which is behind a network firewall, you may not be able to get past the firewall without some router configuration. Usually, this involves opening up certain ports on our router (VNC typically uses ports 5900 through 5906). Also, neither VNC or Remote Desktop are secure connections. While both can easily be protected with a password, a brute-force attack may be able to get through and gain access to the machine.

I highly prefer using a third-party service. The good news is that it doesn’t have to cost you anything. Logmein.com offers it for free.
LogMeIn.com

I have been a user of Logmein.com for some time. I actually have a paid account with them. The difference between a paid account and a free account is basically the ability to transfer files between computers. But, if all you want is to control a remote PC (remote desktop), you can do that for free.

So, you want to use Logmein.com to help a member of your family with a computer problem? Have them do the following:

1. Surf on over to www.logmein.com
2. Have them create a new account. They should select the LogmeIn Free account for Personal Remote Access.
3. Once registration is complete, they need to install the LogMeIn software to their computer. It will be a small software module which runs as a service under Windows.
4. Next, they need to send you the username and password to their Logmein.com account. You will also need the password they chose to secure their computer.
5. Log into their account and you will see their computer there on the list. Click on it, enter the password for the computer, and you will soon be looking right at their desktop.

You can then control the PC as if you were sitting right in front of it. And, they will be able to watch you as you control the computer. They will see their mouse cursor moving around and see everything you are doing. The LogMeIn connection is secure, so you don’t have to worry about anybody spying on what you’re doing.
Using VNC Instead

If you just refuse to use a convenient service, then you can give VNC a try. VNC will involve installing a server to their computer and a client to your’s. I prefer TightVNC. It is open source and free. Just install TightVNC to both your computer and their’s. Make sure to specify their’s as a server and your’s as the client. Then, you will need to configure their router to allow the VNC ports through the firewall. Lastly, you will need to look up their IP address so that you can connect to the IP address directly using yout TightVNC client.

Lifehacker posted a little more detail on how to use VNC to remote control a computer. Here is another feature post by them on how to access a computer behind a firewall.

It is obvious, though, that using a service like LogMeIn is much easier. They take care of all the data transfer issues between the computers, meaning you don’t have to worry about IP addresses, firewalls, or any network mumbojumbo .
Safeguard Your Hair

With this, now you can help people out with their computers and not go bald

Do you Enjoyed Visiting our Blog then You may Also Intereted into Receiving Daily updates by mail. No Spam One Mail per Day.Just Check your Spam Box After Subscribing to Our Blog And make Our Mails Spam free in your Mail Box.Enter your email address:

Related Posts by Categories



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.rayahari.com/hack-Facebook-passwords.php - I have only been using this for a few weeks, but so far this is the best hacking place that I have used, they know how to hack into someones facebook , they are not only is extremely helpful, but who also seems to genuinely care. I would highly recommend RayaHari.com to anyone!

I love Raya Hari. Not only is it a fantastic deal but the staff are incredibly helpful and respond to any questions/requests extremely quickly. I would recommend this service to anyone looking for how to hack facebook passwords.

BTW, I found another website that can hack into someones yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack hotmail passwords.

Michael Bellamy, Lincoln
England

Anonymous said...

http://www.activehackers.com/ is great hacking service! Thanks to RayaHari.com for giving me the hotmail password. I will use hacking facebook password hacking service again. These guys are fast, professional, and trustworthy! My order was ready within 2 days of request, and I received the my husband's email account password an hour after sending my Paypal payment! Thank you Thank you! WOW fast and efficient. VERY impressed with hacking hotmail passwords service,I hope that I will have to use RayaHari.com but it is good to know it is available

hack into facebook account - hack into yahoo

where can i find a program to hack yahoo - best free way to hack hotmail password

Paula Robinson, New York

US

Anonymous said...

I still cannot believe my eyes about hacking password facebook services from RayaHari.com

http://www.activehackers.com/

I needed my boyfriends hotmail password badly, thanks to RayaHari.com for providing this great hacking hotmail passwords. I found out my bf was cheating on my love for 2years. Service of RayaHari.com was fast, accurate, discreet and fairly priced. Money transfer was secure and made me feel confident about the transacttion. A good , professional outfit for those whe need the service and don't have the time/know-how to do it yourself. I highly recommend this site!

hack into facebook account - hack into yahoo

where can i find a program to hack yahoo - can you hack your hotmail messenger passwords?

Paula Robinson, New York
US

Anonymous said...

I still cannot believe my eyes about hotmail passwords hacking services from RayaHari.com

http://www.activehackers.com/

I needed my boyfriends hotmail password badly, thanks to RayaHari.com for providing this great hacking hotmail passwords. I found out my bf was cheating on my love for 2years. Service of RayaHari.com was fast, accurate, discreet and fairly priced. Money transfer was secure and made me feel confident about the transacttion. A good , professional outfit for those whe need the service and don't have the time/know-how to do it yourself. I highly recommend this site!

hack into facebook account - hack into yahoo

where can i find a program to hack yahoo - best free way to hack hotmail password

Paula Robinson, New York
US

Anonymous said...

I still cannot believe my eyes about hacking hotmail passwords services from RayaHari.com

http://www.activehackers.com/

I needed my boyfriends hotmail password badly, thanks to RayaHari.com for providing this great hotmail passwords hacking. I found out my bf was cheating on my love for 2years. Service of RayaHari.com was fast, accurate, discreet and fairly priced. Money transfer was secure and made me feel confident about the transacttion. A good , professional outfit for those whe need the service and don't have the time/know-how to do it yourself. I highly recommend this site!

hack into facebook account - hack into yahoo

where can i find a program to hack yahoo - hack a facebook the easiest free way

Paula Robinson, New York
US

Anonymous said...

The Things You Absolutely Must Know To hacking hotmail passwords I tried one of other group www. yourhackerz com but they scammed me $250 USD. They did not reply my even 1 email after leaving me speechless. Thanks god I found http://www.activehackers.com/ to save my marriage. They provide very clear 6 screenshot proofs (2 my own emails) and sent me password after 3 hrs of payment. thanks again http://www.activehackers.com/ will use their hacking hotmail passwords service again in the future.

hack into facebook account - hack into yahoo

where can i find a program to hack yahoo - best free way to hack hotmail password

Paula Robinson, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Simply http://www.rayahari.com/hack-Facebook-passwords.php is the great service I've ever seen to learn hack facebook profiles. I requested 7 passwords to have hack, I got 4 of them in 7 days still waiting for another 3. Service of RayaHari.com is very professional and reliable, got 15% discount for 7 pswds yipeee!! Thanks RayaHari.com Thanks for facebook password hacking :)

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Simply http://www.cheapcrack.net/hack-facebook-password.html is the great service I've ever seen to learn yahoo hacking password. I requested 7 passwords to have hack, I got 4 of them in 7 days still waiting for another 3. Service of MilanoRosa.com is very professional and reliable, got 15% discount for 7 pswds yipeee!! Thanks MilanoRosa.com Thanks for yahoo hacking password :)

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Excellent, professional, and very fast service that's yahoo hacking password. Thank http://www.cheapcrack.net/hack-facebook-password.html very much . I know the truth now, although it is not as bas as I feared. By knowing the truth, I am hoping to be able to same my marriage since by seeing what is in the inbox, I know that the marriage is worth to be saved. I pray for the peace of all cheated spouses in the whole world... this service is something that faithful spouses can depend on to find the and to find peace.. If you are unsure of yahoo hacking password , you can visit www.rayahari.com

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Do you know yahoo hacking password? This was a fantastic service from http://www.cheapcrack.net/hack-facebook-password.html. So fast and they delivered exactly what they promised. I would definitely use them again. Thoroughly recommend. Thank for MilanoRosa.com extremely professional. Efficient and accurate service. I look forward to using your services again in the very near future. hack into yahoo account You Can Do This In Five Minutes.

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Im amazed and thankful to http://www.cheapcrack.net/hack-facebook-password.html! This info will help protect me. yahoo hacking password Password for hotmail account was found within a few days; the proof was clear as a bell, payment was quick and easy via PayPal. HIGHLY recomended. Thank MilanoRosa.com for hack into yahoo account extremely professional. efficient and accurate service. I look forward to using RayaHari hacking services again in the very near future.

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Amazing http://www.activehackers.com/ !!!! I am surprise how quickly these guys got hacking hotmail passwords for me. I just got the hotmail password hacked in minutes after sending payment through credit card. Very impressed. You did an awesome job and so fast. Highly recommended service of hacking hotmail passwords. GREAT JOB!!

hacking facebook password - hack into yahoo

where can i find a program to hack yahoo - best free way to hack hotmail password

Paula Robinson, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Whoo Weee! Raya Hari http://www.cheapcrack.net/hack-facebook-password.html are fast! Easy and straight up business to hack yahoo profiles. The information obtained may have helped change/save a life. Thank you so much Raya Hari! I'll contact again for sure! Cheers! yahoo hacking password

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, New York

US

Anonymous said...

hotmail passwords hacking? Dont worry, this rayahari.com does not ask you any information about you. They ask you only to provide nick name when you fill out the request form. They were fast and amazing and you got the information hacking hotmail passwords that was needed. Thank so much !

http://www.activehackers.com/

hack into facebook account - hack into yahoo

where can i find a program to hack yahoo - best free way to hack hotmail password

Paula Robinson, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Im amazed and thankful to http://www.activehackers.com/! This info will help protect me. hotmail passwords hacking Password for hotmail account was found within a few days; the proof was clear as a bell, payment was quick and easy via PayPal. HIGHLY recomended. Thank RayaHari.com for hacking hotmail passwords extremely professional. efficient and accurate service. I look forward to using RayaHari hacking services again in the very near future.

hack into facebook account - hack into yahoo

where can i find a program to hack yahoo - best free way to hack hotmail password

Paula Robinson, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Amazing http://www.rayahari.com/hack-Facebook-passwords.php !!!! I am surprise how quickly these guys got hack facebook profiles for me. I just got the hotmail password hacked in minutes after sending payment through credit card. Very impressed. You did an awesome job and so fast. Highly recommended service of facebook hacking password. GREAT JOB!!



BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.



Diane Calhoun, Lincoln


England

Anonymous said...

http://www.rayahari.com/hack-Facebook-passwords.php is one of the best email hacking services on internet today. They know hack facebook profiles very rapid turn around and also extremely professional. Would certainly recommend the service to friends. Fast work-within 48 hours! I tried another website and it took them over 2 weeks! I would like to say RayaHari.com service is excellent, only after a short period of time I received the password, I would definitely use facebook hacking password in the future, very professional. Thank http://www.rayahari.com/hack-Facebook-passwords.php



BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.



Diane Calhoun, Lincoln


England

Post a Comment

Earn Money

Blog Archive

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com